Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Few of My Favorite Places in Hermosa Beach

I live in Paradise. And I work from home. But sometimes, I need to get away...here's where I go.

To Unplug From Technology

Hermosa Beach at 2nd Street is my happy place. It’s a short walk from the andgreat office and usually quiet and peaceful, especially during the weekdays as most the tourists are up closer to the pier. It’s the perfect place to sit in the warm sand, sun shining down, listen to the ocean waves, and get my thoughts in order. I’m a huge fan of actual books—so I usually bring down a book to read. I play in a beach volleyball league on Tuesday nights and it's simply breathtaking watching the sun set over the Pacific ocean as you're playing. 

To Get Work Done Outside of the Office
JavaMan is local coffee shop that’s a short walk or beach cruiser ride away from the andgreat office.  It has a real coffeehouse feel with large tables, couches, and outside tables too. I love that it’s a local and not a chain. It’s a great spot to catch up on emails or write content. The “focus and get work done” vibe is definitely in the air as lots of local entrepreneurs work out of here.

For a Group Dinner
I’m always on the planning end of group dinners, and there are so many great choices here at the beach.
Mediterraneo is a fav as it’s right on Pier Plaza, has indoor/outdoor seating, and the small plates (tapas) are great for sharing. They also have a great local craft beer menu and interesting wines.

To Watch A Game
Silvio’s BBQ is a bustling restaurant and bar serving authentic Brazilian BBQ specialties plus great a great beer selection. They have outdoor seating and tvs and the sand is a stone’s throw away. It’s really nice to be watching a Saturday morning college football game in November at 9am and be beachside. Love this spot for it’s non-bar food, that’s relatively healthy!

For My Favorite Meal

One of my favorite pizza spots in town is
Locale 90. They serve Old-World pizzas in an industrial setting a block from the beach. It always reminds me of my time living in Rome, Italy. They customize the pizza for me (I don’t eat cheese).

To Have a Productive Meeting
Balleen at The Portofino Hotel & Marina is a short bike ride down the street from the andgreat office and it’s where I do most of my meetings with folks over coffee or lunch –overlooking the marina. It’s a great atmosphere and folks love getting out of the office. And the view...

To Relax 

See #1.


No comments:

Post a Comment